How to Recover Forgotten Apple Device Password
Nothing can be more frustrating for an iOS Device user than forgetting the password. A lone way to unlock the device is to restore the phone. But the restore will wipe all the important data on it. So this is certainly not an option unless the data on the device is not too much important. So read about How to Recover Forgotten Apple device Password
If you have created a backup of your device then you can easily restore your device and then recover your data.
Create Backup making use of iTunes and then Reset Password
- First of all connect your Apple device with a computer to which it is synchronized. Synchronizing enables you to backup your data without the unlocking device. And hence you can recover the lost password easily.
- Now reset the password. Once your synchronization and backup complete, then click on Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod. The restore process will take some time. You will need to restore your phone to factory defaults to clear old passwords.
- And choose “Restore from iTunes backup”. But always prefer to choose most recent backup in iTunes.
- Your backup will take some time to load. Once it loads your backup, you will get access to your device once again.
- You can now set a new password for your device.
Put your Device into the Recovery Mode
- First of all switch off your device. This method is important if you have not synchronized your device to the computer.
- But you should keep in mind that this method will sweep all the data from your device.
- You should try this method only when you don’t have any other option available under your belt.
Start iTunes on the PC
- Tap and hold the Home button and connect device at the other end of the cable. It will turn on but you continue to press the Home button.
- A window will pop up in the iTunes. You will see a message that a device in Recovery Mode has been detected.
- Restore the device in the iTunes and tap on OK and choose Summary tab. Then click Restore button.
- Resetting your device to factory defaults will erase all data on it.
- You load a backup, to put data back on phone, make use of iTunes backup or iCloud.
- And to restore data back from iCloud, you will require Apple ID and the password and a previous backup file on the iCloud. And from iTunes, you will simply need a previous backup file.
Reset Apple ID Password
- Visit Apple ID site iForgot for resetting password. And Enter email ID, the address you signed up with.
- And Click Next. In case you forgot ID, tap the link below the text field
- Verify Identity. You will either receive an email with confirmation link or you will have to answer security questions. You will also have to verify your birthdate.
- And the reset your lost password.